I started this journey on 6th January. I’m doing this because I’m technically obese (per BMI) and I have high triglycerides – so, this isn’t an option right now.
The plan is pretty straightforward, when you see it logically laid out.
- Use the Lose It app
- No white carbohydrate – rice, bread, pasta
- Limit consumption of fruits (berries I can have small portion 1/2 c)
- No sugars
- Limit consumption of carbohydrate veggies (ie butternut squash)
- EAT VEGETABLES
- EAT LEAN PROTEIN
- OK with milk, cottage cheese, yogurt (watch the flavored ones as they have a lot of sugar added)
- DO NOT EAT AFTER 5PM
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER
- I can have coffee with cream (not that I like it)
- Eat 5 small meals
- Lunch is the heaviest meal
- Introduce exercise
- Collaborate with my doctor
I like the Lose It! app – you enter your goals and check your progress. My doctor isn’t necessarily checking calorie intake, but looking my carb vs protein. You can download your food log from the website and always email it to your health care provider to check in. Here’s what the log looks like: weeklysummary5853. The downloaded log is convenient, as I can play around with combinations of meals and create plans that target my goals. I didn’t have this log when I saw Dr. Jain for the last check-in, but I’ll be bringing it next time to make our discussion more productive.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to substitute for informed medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or condition. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements or stating a new fitness routine.